There are only a few weeks left to visit the Vancouver Farmers Market at Columbia Tech Center (CTC) so come out today, Thursday, August 13 from 3pm – 7pm and enjoy the bounties of summer (see map below for location).
At the Market, you’ll find vendors like:
- Aichele Farms – Their berries are perfect to put in cobblers, on top of ice cream…or eat fresh!
- RJ Farms – Their fruits and vegetables are grown without the use of pesticides or chemicals.
- Conan’s Hot Sauces and Marinades – Pick up a present for the hard-to-shop-for person (you know the one!).
- Yang’s Fresh Bloomer – Fill your home with fresh-cut beautiful flowers.
- Getta Gyro – Take care of dinner for tonight.
- Nutz-R-Us – Grab the perfect snack to munch on as you’re strolling about the Market.
There are too many vendors to show here but know that coming to the Market means supporting local businesses – and that’s always a good thing.
Remember, if you’re short on cash, buy tokens with your debit/credit card at the information booth and then spend the tokens like cash at all the vendor booths.
Movie in the Park
Mark your calendars cause Movie Night is coming back to CTC’s Central Park on Friday, August 28 and Friday, September 4 (see the map below for location). Bring your family, friends, sand chairs and blankets and get ready for some good old-fashioned fun of watching a movie in the waning evenings of summer. Movies will start at dusk (about 8pm):
Friday, August 28 – Despicable Me
Friday, September 4 – Back to the Future
Restroom facilities will be available at Movie Night.
Summer Concert Series
The last concert of the summer at CTC’s Central Park will be this Sunday, August 23, from 1pm – 3pm. It features Patrick Lamb – an artist who combines the influences of funk, soul, R&B, jazz and his Southern roots in his vocals and playing. What a great note on which to end the concert series and weekend.
Restroom facilities will be available at the concert.
Thanks to the City of Vancouver for hosting the free concert series and Movie in the Park.